This order for the FORJ 291, a MOOG Focal Technologies product, to one of our ROV customers, demonstrates MACSEA’s capability to supply critical parts with efficiency and cost effectiveness in Brazil.
As such, it is part of the scope of supply of our Slip Ring maintenance and repair services, that are currently carried out at our new workshop facilities strategically located in Santa Rita do Sapucai, south region of Minas Gerais.
The FO291 is a multi-pass, singlemode fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ). It is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of optical signals across a rotational interface on 2 to 9 separate singlemode optical fibers.
The FO291 can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, giving a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer, with ISO 9000 quality.
Other options include fluid-filling for pressure compensation permitting operation at any ocean depth, and the combination of the model 190 to include up to a total of 19 multimode passes.
- 2 to 9 singlemode channels
- Can be combined with our electrical slip rings, fluid rotary unions and the model 190 multimode fiber optic rotary joint
- Alternative drive coupling arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Tested to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa) when fluid-filled
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replacement
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Long life